PDA

View Full Version : Pixel Sixe of Modern general theme

Pete Young
March 25, 2013, 09:47 PM
I am working in modern (blue ) / general classifieds, can any one tell me the exact pixels and paddings etc of that theme,

for example long top ( total width )

left = 250 px ? any padding / ie 270 pix with 10 padding each side ?

middle with no right = 690 pix ?

middle with right ?

just trying to get all of my ad sizes correct to work with the layout / thanks

Pete

Morgan Bohman
March 26, 2013, 05:55 AM
@Pete I would recommend that you use Chrome because they have a great developers tools built in for de cloaking web sites which also let's you tamper with sizes, colors, html and such without messing up the code. It will also reveal what CSS is controlling what and what div etc.

//Morgan

Pete Young
March 26, 2013, 10:24 AM
Thanks Morgan, if i knew how to work that stuff in chrome OK, but really what is the with of the left section what is the remaining right section and the to in pixels there must be an easy answer ? I do not want to re size any thing i just need to set the correct banner sizes for advertising.

Pete

Chris Brown
March 26, 2013, 10:39 PM
@Pete I would recommend that you use Chrome because they have a great developers tools built in for de cloaking web sites which also let's you tamper with sizes, colors, html and such without messing up the code. It will also reveal what CSS is controlling what and what div etc.

//Morgan

I use firefox with the inspect option. There great tools to have and easy to use. Its worth trying it out and having a play with it.

I may try Chrome to see how that compares to firefox's

Chris Brown
March 26, 2013, 10:49 PM
By looking if you use left column and main content you will have (using content box with no design)
Total page width is 960px

So roughly it looks like

Left column: 240px with 20px right padding
Main content 700px

This may change though if you use the right column as well to create a 3 column page

Best to try them out and fine adjust sizes to suit

Morgan Bohman
March 27, 2013, 04:15 AM
For my purpose I use 250px left and the main content is best with 659px (wonderful odd :-)) that leaves the right padding for me for the looks.

//Morgan

Pete Young
March 27, 2013, 12:28 PM
OK cheers guys i will run some tests / from what i can see the left is 250 ? but i may run with 234 ? and see how it pans out / thanks again