PDA

View Full Version : Do you need the Google Street View plugin?

John
March 18, 2013, 06:04 AM
Hi folks,
Today we received one more request regarding Google Street plugin we had in Flynax 3.2 version.
As you know we haven't this plugin for Flynax 4 because Flynax 4 uses Google Map API 3 which already
contains yellow man on the map and anyone can launch the Street View by dropping the man icon to necessary
place on the map, see image.

Well my question do you need one more tab with google street view feature enabled or current way is enough for you?
Looking forward to your thoughts!

John

Ionut Barabasa
March 18, 2013, 10:31 AM
Hello

Yes. Not many site user know about yellow man. A tab with street view is just great for them. Click the tab and see the street.

Milea Ionut
March 18, 2013, 12:14 PM
I think that already are to many tabs on the listing detail page. One more will be to much. You can explain in the QTIP or in the FAQ page about the yellow man. This is my opinion!

John
March 20, 2013, 03:29 AM
Hey guys! I need more opinions, who also interested in this plugin please react!

John

Morgan Bohman
March 20, 2013, 05:54 AM
Sorry John for late answer.

I don't see any use for this, yellow man is quite enough. Better to use resources on 4.2 and make the best classified script ever. Sometimes using Google map it will slow down load times, depending how you set it up. I don't think that this will be the reason for a customer to buy what's in the ads. The customer wants it snappy, easy and viewable, big button "BUY NOW". :)

//Morgan

Chris Brown
March 20, 2013, 06:27 AM
Think I agree with Morgan, don't think I would use it. I would rather add the ability to get travel directions for people that don't use sat navs

Ionut Barabasa
March 20, 2013, 09:53 AM
Well i think is usefull especially for listings about services. A person looking for a lawyer office could find usefull to see how that street looks like and how the office looks like. It would be easier for him to find it. And most of people dont know how to use that yellow man. We are in the speed era. He/she would simply click street view, take a look and a and go.
Those who think that there are many tabs can simply remove the ones he does not want. Better see this issue thru the eyes of an unexperienced internet user not thru the eyes of a webmaster

John
March 25, 2013, 12:07 PM
Hello Guys,
I know yellow man well and against one more unnecessary tab on the listing details page!
But probably Ionut is right and we have to develop this plugin for these who need it.
I have added this plugin to our TODO list with low priority.

Thanks to all for cooperating!

John

Chris Brown
March 25, 2013, 05:29 PM
Hello Guys,
I know yellow man well and against one more unnecessary tab on the listing details page!
But probably Ionut is right and we have to develop this plugin for these who need it.
I have added this plugin to our TODO list with low priority.

Thanks to all for cooperating!

John

Yeah theres no harm in making it for the people that want it. For me personally the current maps with yellow man is sufficient enough.

John
April 6, 2013, 10:58 AM
Hello Guys,
As we promised, here the first release of the Street View plugin: http://www.flynax.com/plugins/street_view.html
Let me know if you have any ideas how to improve it.

John

Morgan Bohman
April 6, 2013, 06:50 PM
Hi John,
Well it works pretty fine, great job, but first there are double phrase keys created for the plugin and if you translate the
(<b>[address]</b>) not the tag, only the sentence, it will show the tag, not the address. If you revert to english it's OK.