+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Customization Help...

Customization Help...

Hello,

This issue has to do with a customization done by Viktor (location select menu, exactly like the category select (general wide template) only for locations, all was working well when he completed it, and I do have a flynax backup to restore that, but since that backup, I have had some issues with the listing types, and wanted to start fresh, so I did a clean flynax install, then replaced the files from backup that he told me in an email that he made changes to with the location select menu...All seems ok, but two things...

First is a very small issue, but the select menu should say (Any Location) as the default text, but it just says (Any)
    Second is the locations on the select menu are populated by the Mulifield location plugin, so the locations on that select menu will be the same as what is active in the Multifield plugin. Now when I click on a country in the location select menu, the second level (like the category select) should appear, but it doesn't.

Anyone know if they could figure this out? I don't want to give access for this unless it's Viktor because that could screw things up worse.

Thank you for your ideas on this as I don't want to wait until next week to resolve this if possible.

Thanks again
    Brian

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jester View Post
    Hello,
    First is a very small issue, but the select menu should say (Any Location) as the default text, but it just says (Any)
    Look in your languages file (use the filter to search the word Any)and see if you can edit it there / change to your desire.

Second is the locations on the select menu are populated by the Mulifield location plugin, so the locations on that select menu will be the same as what is active in the Multifield plugin. Now when I click on a country in the location select menu, the second level (like the category select) should appear, but it doesn't.
    You will probably need to go into the build options of those categories and add the sub options to the listing fields and then go in and refresh your site options, I am guessing you have country loaded up in build but you do not have state etc added in build.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Look in your languages file (use the filter to search the word Any)and see if you can edit it there / change to your desire.

You will probably need to go into the build options of those categories and add the sub options to the listing fields and then go in and refresh your site options, I am guessing you have country loaded up in build but you do not have state etc added in build.
    Pete,

I have tried in the languge section, using the search / filtering, (with and without any filters) to search for the word Any, and I only came up with "many" which did not help so it looks like I will need to wait until I can get a hold of Viktor next week.

On your second response, I am not sure what you mean the build options of those categories (it's the locations, unless I am mis-understanding your reply) Can you tell me what you mean by your second reply? If you mean adding the locations for the state/city levels, I have done that, by updating the locations by updating the plugin so I have all the locations updated, ex: I click on manage for the United States for example, I have all the states, and cities, it's just that they don't show on my select menu.

Thank you
    Brian

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jester View Post
    Pete,

I have tried in the languge section, using the search / filtering, (with and without any filters) to search for the word Any, and I only came up with "many" which did not help so it looks like I will need to wait until I can get a hold of Viktor next week.
    ok will have a look and see what I can find later ?

On your second response, I am not sure what you mean the build options of those categories (it's the locations, unless I am mis-understanding your reply) Can you tell me what you mean by your second reply? If you mean adding the locations for the state/city levels, I have done that, by updating the locations by updating the plugin so I have all the locations updated, ex: I click on manage for the United States for example, I have all the states, and cities, it's just that they don't show on my select menu.

Thank you
    Brian

Will try and do a screen cast for you, might be the best way / busy now so later

ok will have a look and see what I can find later ?

Will try and do a screen cast for you, might be the best way / busy now so later
    Ok sounds good, Pete.

Guru
    https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFioilFkfA
    /\ Brian that shows adding multilevel to categories and to search options / after adding them it won't hurt to refresh in your admin panel and test, if this is not what you meant or are having a different problem please explain some more.

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFioirFkfm
    /\ Edit the word Any in Languages

Edit. Sorry about background noise, my old PC crashed and had to buy a new one and did not realise that when I signed into the account / recorded that there must have been a mic on.
    Last edited by Pete Young; July 15, 2018 at 07:31 AM.

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFioilFkfA
    /\ Brian that shows adding multilevel to categories and to search options / after adding them it won't hurt to refresh in your admin panel and test, if this is not what you meant or are having a different problem please explain some more.

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFioirFkfm
    /\ Edit the word Any in Languages

Edit. Sorry about background noise, my old PC crashed and had to buy a new one and did not realise that when I signed into the account / recorded that there must have been a mic on.
    Pete,

First off, Thank you for taking the time to do the screen casts, I appreciate that.

Regarding the first part of your reply, I am not sure if what you are suggesting will affect the location drop down menu on my homepage, your screen cast appears to be for the categories. I had Viktor create a new customization recently in which I wanted him to use the same select menu as the categories, but to do one for the locations as well to search by. The location drop down contains the countries on the first level, state/region on the second level, and city on the third level, just like how the category select menu works with categories, only this was just meant to be for locations. I don't want to change much on my own as I am not a programmer by design, but a bit here and there I don't mind changing for now, but especially at this level of understanding, I am still learning, so I don't want to mess it up.

Regarding the second part of your reply, I have tried that again, and have noticed that 'Any' did show up when removing the filters, like in your screen cast (Thank you again for the screen cast) and I did change it, but changed it back, because it changed both select menus, so I know it may not be the coding on my part, maybe just some additional changes he made in the admin panel that he didn't mention in the email...I didn't tell him I was going to do a fresh install, but hey, I am still learning...

Thank you again, Pete!
    Brian

Guru
    Ok Yes Brian if it was a custom job then you will need to get Viktor to do it again for you, from memory it costs 50% ? to redo it but I may be wrong on this. Ok on the second part, hope it all pans out for you.

I've same problem, only Country works and State/Region/Province not

https://prnt.sc/kk525o

+ Reply to Thread