+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Search Forms...

Search Forms...

Hello,

I have a quick question regarding the search forms. I know this may sound like a dumb question but...

When creating a form for a particular category, should I create a new form for the category and should it be a custom form, or could I just use the system form? I tried building the quick form (system) for my listing type but I didn't see any results, am I doing something wrong?

Thank you again!
    Brian

Hello Brian,

Maybe, you did something wrong. I suggest you create a new ticket with the problem and we will check and try to solve it.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Hello Brian,

Maybe, you did something wrong. I suggest you create a new ticket with the problem and we will check and try to solve it.
    Ok, I will create a ticket..

Thank you Viktor!
    Brian

Guru
    You should create a form for the category by selecting "In Category Form" from the form type option, and then follow options from there to set the required category, you will also need to then build the search form for the options required.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    You should create a form for the category by selecting "In Category Form" from the form type option, and then follow options from there to set the required category, you will also need to then build the search form for the options required.
    Thank you Pete! But as a refresher, there are forms that were created automatically (after creating the listing types / categories) what are those for? But I understand what you mean by your reply, so I will do that but what are the system forms for? Ex: The Quick, Advanced and My Listings forms for each listing type?

Brian

Hello Pete,

I have been working with the "In Category Form" as you suggested, and that does work for me, however, how can I make the form for the listing type as well? Ex: For my clothing listing type, I would like to show the form on that page as well, before the categories page.

Brian

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jester View Post
    Hello Pete,

I have been working with the "In Category Form" as you suggested, and that does work for me, however, how can I make the form for the listing type as well? Ex: For my clothing listing type, I would like to show the form on that page as well, before the categories page.

Brian
    they would be your quick search forms etc for those listing types that would show on those pages not a category search form, if am understanding your question correctly, i will check for you.

Edit / Update:

In your search forms you will see form for listing types, these will be indicated as Clothing <> My Listings as an example, this will be seen as Clothing Search in your Content boxes where you would assign it to the listing type page Clothing.

You would also need to build the search options in your search forms tab, by clicking the build building blocks icon that is next to the pencil icon, in the same way as you would build the search form for the categories.
    Last edited by Pete Young; July 7, 2018 at 02:31 AM.

they would be your quick search forms etc for those listing types that would show on those pages not a category search form, if am understanding your question correctly, i will check for you.

Edit / Update:

In your search forms you will see form for listing types, these will be indicated as Clothing <> My Listings as an example, this will be seen as Clothing Search in your Content boxes where you would assign it to the listing type page Clothing.

You would also need to build the search options in your search forms tab, by clicking the build building blocks icon that is next to the pencil icon, in the same way as you would build the search form for the categories.
    I have tried to build the quick form with one field I created called clothing size but it does not show up on the listing type page. Search form I built was Clothing & Fashion quick form.

Brian

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jester View Post
    I have tried to build the quick form with one field I created called clothing size but it does not show up on the listing type page. Search form I built was Clothing & Fashion quick form.

Brian
    quick form is not the one you want, you want one called My Listings, you will need to go to your listing type and enable > Search on My Listings page | Yes if you have not done so.

quick form is not the one you want, you want one called My Listings, you will need to go to your listing type and enable > Search on My Listings page | Yes if you have not done so.
    Hello Pete,

I have tried adding building the *my listings* form and enabled Search on My Listings page, (yes) and it still does *not* show on the listing type page, however I did log in and check the my listing page on the front-end and yes it showed up there, but how do I get the fields to show on the listing type page?

Brian

+ Reply to Thread