+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Listing Types Issue...

Listing Types Issue...

Hello,

I had to restore my entire flynax database earlier because of the listing types. To make a long story short, I deleted the old listing types out (including categories and listings) from the flynax admin panel -> Listing types, when I re-added my own listing types and checked the category select menu in my header, it was empty.

Question: Do I make the listing type inactive, if I will not use it?

Question: Is that considered a bug or just the way the listing types work? It's peculiar to me that they can't be deleted...Maybe it's just me...

Also, when a listing type is added and categories are added to that listing type, and I display the categories sidebar on that listing types (category) page, there are multiple 3 or 4 add a listing boxes...See the screenshot, (note the screenshot only shows the box, but not duplicated as I have already restored the database back before getting the screenshot)

screenshot-www.worldclassads.com-2018-06-18-22-15-20.jpg

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; June 19, 2018 at 02:25 AM.

Hello,

- you should go to Common > Refresh > run 'Rearrange category levels' and 'Update system cache'

- these are different content boxes: category box, featured listings box and search form
    you can manage them as you need via Content > Content Boxes

also you can enable/disable these boxes via your listing type:
    Listing Types > your type > Edit > Category Settings > Category box position; Search Settings > Search form on the <your_listing_type> page; Featured Settings > Featured box
    Last edited by Rudi; June 19, 2018 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

- you should go to Common > Refresh > run 'Rearrange category levels' and 'Update system cache'

- these are different content boxes: category box, featured listings box and search form

Listing Types > your type > Edit > Category Settings > Category box position; Search Settings > Search form on the <your_listing_type> page; Featured Settings > Featured box
    Ok,

Thank you Rudi, I am going to give this a shot, and see what happens. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I hope it works out.

Brian

Hello,

After deleting the listing types, with the exception of the For Sale listing type, AND ALL the categories for ALL listing types, when I refreshed my website the category select menu is empty, even with the For Sale listing type. I have done the rearrange category level and updated the system cache. I believe Viktor has said in another post not to delete the listing types, but instead rename them, I could do that, but wouldn't that be defeating the purpose to rename the listing types and categories? Or am I missing the point? So at this point, I need a way to proceed that I cannot get the category select menu to display anything unless I restore to the default listing types. What is the problem?

By defeating the purpose, I mean that if I rename the listing types, I can't touch the key for each of the types, so if I rename services to property for example, the key will remain services but the name on the front-end will be property, and the pages and content boxes will also be services, so all in all it wouldn't work that way either. Is there some way to add custom listing types and not just use the default types? I am using Flynax 4.6.2

Thank you in advance!
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; June 19, 2018 at 09:04 PM.

Make sure that 'Category search dropdown' option is enabled in your listing type: listing type > Edit > Search Settings > Category search dropdown > Yes
    or
    create a ticket regarding this problem

Make sure that 'Category search dropdown' option is enabled in your listing type: listing type > Edit > Search Settings > Category search dropdown > Yes
    or
    create a ticket regarding this problem
    Yes, I already checked that, and I understand with that option off, the select menu disappears, but my situation is not that the select menu disappears, it's that the select menu is visible, but there are NO LISTING TYPES in the select menu, however, if I add categories to the listing type, the categories will show, but still NOT the Listing Types in the select menu.

Question

Hello Rudi,

I am on to something here, maybe this is just the way it's meant to work, or maybe something in my configuration, but here's what I just found out by trial and error:

with the default listing types, (minus the motors listing type as I deleted that one) there are four listing types. If I keep ANY TWO listing types active and the other two inactive, the two active listing types will show up in the select menu. Is this a coding bug? I had some coding done, but maybe not a bug, I don't know yet, but if I make all of them inactive and add a new one, it won't show in the select menu. On a hunch, made all four listing types inactive, added one and nothing shows up in the select menu on the front-end, but I just added another one, and both show up. As far as I can tell this is a bug on my script. If I have 4 listing types inactive, and add 2 custom listing types the two custom ones will show up on the select menu (front-end) ODD

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; June 19, 2018 at 09:42 PM.

Actually, it's not a bug, Brian,

by default, when there are two or more active listing types they will be listed in categories dropdown
    if only one, its categories will be shown instead

and as you have no any categories this dropdown is empty

+ Reply to Thread