+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Added Interactive Map...

Added Interactive Map...

Hello,

I have added this map ( http://www.html5interactivemaps.com/...world-map.html ) to my website, and all was good, until I noticed I no longer have the hover tips on the locations. I am thinking something along the lines of the z-index, but I did not change any z-index settings, so I am confused why the tips are not showing.

Tips: When hovering over the map, the tips should show, but they are not.

PS: I have added the map to a content box, so maybe that has something to do with it? When I first tried the map, I put it into a template the content.tpl file, and did not have this issue.

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; June 17, 2018 at 07:45 AM.

Hello,

you should change plugin parameters through the code following the instructions on that site
    see hover parameter

or send me your ftp details to my PM to look at it

Hello Brian,

I think you should add 1 line in html. Try to add it in foolter.tpl:

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    and check again.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Hello Brian,

I think you should add 1 line in html. Try to add it in foolter.tpl:

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    and check again.
    I have put the span tag inside the footer.tpl but the tips still go out of view.

Edit: Also, when I enabled the interactive map on the homepage (content box), the category and location select menus in my header stop working (they both appear blank, no data at all):
    Last edited by Brian Jester; July 21, 2018 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jester View Post
    Hello,

I have added this map ( http://www.html5interactivemaps.com/...world-map.html ) to my website, and all was good, until I noticed I no longer have the hover tips on the locations. I am thinking something along the lines of the z-index, but I did not change any z-index settings, so I am confused why the tips are not showing.

Tips: When hovering over the map, the tips should show, but they are not.

PS: I have added the map to a content box, so maybe that has something to do with it? When I first tried the map, I put it into a template the content.tpl file, and did not have this issue.

Brian
    Hi can you pm me your website or add it here so I can see how the map work? I'm very interested in that plugin. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

you should change plugin parameters through the code following the instructions on that site
    see hover parameter

or send me your ftp details to my PM to look at it
    Hello Rudi,

I have sent you ftp credentials to your pm account here on flynax to take a look at the map on my site. Also, FYI, the map is in the content box, I have also created the map in the flynax page by mistake, as I can not make it show on the home page from the content -> pages section in flynax admin, so I had to re-create the map from content -> content boxes...I made the page inactive.

Brian

I have been able to get the MAP WORKING with the Tool-Tips exactly like the demo, simply by putting the <body> and then the <span id="map-tip"></span> in the header.tpl directly under the head include tag. {include file='head.tpl'}

Only one issue I have now, relates to the two select menus (category & location select display nothing if the map content box is active) and the arrow at the bottom of the main page that takes the visitor back to the top of the page, I think ALL of that relates to the javascript...What should I do to remedy that/those issue(s)?

Ps: For the map, I have included js in the content box, that may be causing the issue, but what do you guys think could be the problem?

Edit: I fixed the map issue regarding the select menus (category and location select menus), all I needed to do was remove the included jquery line (for the interactive map) in the content box, and that was making my select menus fail. ALL IS GREAT!

Thank you
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; July 23, 2018 at 09:17 PM.

Hello,

I don't understand what exactly is not displayed and where
    Please, give some example

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

I don't understand what exactly is not displayed and where
    Please, give some example
    Hello Rudi,

I have figured this out, if you have questions I can answer them as I have the above working, but I do have a smaller related issue, and that is I can't seem to be able to resize the map, I have tried to follow on the instructions, but they are not clear instructions for me. Do you think you can point me to the correct way to resize the map?

Thank you
    Brian

I don't see any available settings for resizing map,

by default, the map size depends on the content box size, it's adjustable

you can see all settings for continents in map > config

+ Reply to Thread