+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sending email if listing required approval?

Sending email if listing required approval?

Dear Flynax Dev.

Would you kindly tell me where can I find the code that control sending email after admin approve listing?
    I think I did something wrong. Because after user added a listing, he/she got an email saying that it is waiting for approval. But after admin approved it by making it active from admincp. User does not get email saying that his/her listing is approved/active. (

Hello,

the code for changing listing status and sending email is placed in admin > controllers > listings.inc.php > find a row with text /* inform listing owner about status changing */
    it uses 'listing_activated' email template

Hi Rudi,

I'm facing a weird problem. 2 users of my site doesn't get any email when admin:
    - deactivated or activated their listing.
    - deactivated or activated their account
    - deleted their account.
    - when visitor send them a message from

No email sent to notify them at all I thought I messed up. But then I tried new account, this new account got email from everything admin did above:
    - deactivated or activated their listing.
    - deactivated or activated their account
    - deleted their account.
    - when visitor send them a message from their listing
    Everything works fine for new account.

Have you ever seen this problem before? Or anyone here.
    Last edited by Wei Hong; April 23, 2018 at 04:32 PM.

Dear Rudi and Viktor,

I know this is crazy and I'm still scratching my head wondering why. As I had told you above. I found several accounts that have issues, and tried register new account and they have no issue at all, so something is wrong with these accounts. The accounts that have problem can receive email when:
    - request reset password and after reset, they receive email with new password.

They don't get email when:
    - A visitor send them message via their listings.
    - Admin deactivated or activated their listings.
    - Admin deactivated or activated their accounts.
    - Admin deleted their listings

New account that I registered can receive all emails mentions above.

I couldn't test all but that is what I found. So I tried to login to one of the accounts that have problems, and tried changing email to another email. and voila they work with no issues, got all email when admin deleted, deactivate, blah blah to the new changed email. So I tried to change back to the old account that have issue before, voila it still work. somehow changing email address fixed it. I repeat with other accounts that have issues and changing email address fixed them as well.

Anybody has any idea of why this is happening? Any way I can prevent this from happening again in the future? I fear some users would have it later.

There are two main reasons why your users don't get emails:
    - you use php method of sending emails and many email services ignore such emails: Common > Basic Settings > Email > Mail method - change it to smtp and fill in smtp details
    - the emails, which your users get, may go to their spam box, ask them to check it and mark emails as 'not a spam'

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    - you use php method of sending emails and many email services ignore such emails: Common > Basic Settings > Email > Mail method - change it to smtp and fill in smtp details
    - the emails, which your users get, may go to their spam box, ask them to check it and mark emails as 'not a spam'
    Very nice comments, Thank you Rudi. Actually they go to spam box. If you do some changes in related emails template body, like add some words and lines, the problem will be solved, but it seems using SMTP protocol is more reliable.
    I recommend to put these nice comments in AP>Email settings as a note

Hi Rudi, actually I have been using smtp email for a few years, no php now.
    I also check spam email box and found nothing. But changing email of problem account to another email makes email works again, change back to the email that had problems before, also work. I tested this with 3 accounts that have problems. Weird right

Quote Originally Posted by Bahram Soltanirad View Post
    Very nice comments, Thank you Rudi. Actually they go to spam box. If you do some changes in related emails template body, like add some words and lines, the problem will be solved, but it seems using SMTP protocol is more reliable.
    I recommend to put these nice comments in AP>Email settings as a note
    Hi Bahram I'm using SMTP, still dont understand.

The last reason can be incorrect smtp details or that your server doesn't allow to use smtp port for sending emails

if you still have problems create a ticket and we'll check it

The last reason can be incorrect smtp details or that your server doesn't allow to use smtp port for sending emails

if you still have problems create a ticket and we'll check it
    Hi Rudi, I dont think it's incorrect smtp details as it worked ok before. All of the sudden, 2 of my staff accounts got problem as mentioned above. Tried reset password and got email just fine. Tried in admincp to deactivate/activate their listing several times, no email at all. Tried to message them as visitor from their listings also no email. Then I created new account and everything work for the new one. got email when admin deactivate/activate, etc mentioned above.

I fix these accounts by changing to another email, it works, changing back to old email that had not worked before, it still work.
    I know it's hard to explain why that happened. I thought someone knew here.

+ Reply to Thread