+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Listings Import Plugin Issues/Questions

Listings Import Plugin Issues/Questions

Hello Guys

So we have been trying the import listing plugin to day and found some concerns using it while importing the data, ill do my best to explain this below.

1, Weather you make up the import file your self or export the current listings from your user account when you go to upload the file again it does not save the settings in the header fields such as category level 1, category level 2 and so on you have to slect them again.

2, Here is my main issue using this plugin once you get to the options of selecting the user, default category, status and plan it only allows you to select 1 default category this means if you are trying to import say 100 ads like me which are in different categories it seems that they all get pushed into the selected default category which is NO good, it seems that the tool will only allow you to import into 1 category at a time?

3, We have tried about 8 times to import our sample files from a user account but nothing happens as it just stays on, Importing in process, please wait (SEE ATTACHED IMAGE) 2018-03-21_2230.jpg

importing from the admin panel works fine but still has the default category problem already explained.

So example i have an IPhone, Samsung and Nokia mobile phone for sale i can only post those 3 phones into the same category, once you get to the options fields to import i don't think the default category option should be there as the plugin should pickup the category and subcategory names from the uploaded file ready for import?

Everything else seems to work fine with it such as the import of pictures, description, title etc etc it's just the categories issue.

THOUGHTS PLEASE!!!

Thanks
    David

I also got a SQL ERROR when trying to edit listings in admin after the ads where imported?

Thanks
    David

Hello David,

1. Each time you import or export xls file you should map fields from scratch, there is no feature by default to save mapping settings like with XML Feeds plugin

2. Default category is applied when the mapped category from your xls file doesn't match the ones from your script

3. I can't say anything definite until I look into the problem, also it may depend on the file you import, probably it has incorrect structure

You'd better create a ticket regarding the import issues and mysql error and we'll try to investigate the problem

Hi Rudi

We are using CSV format for the upload process however we think the file that we are uploading is correct but it's been made up to post ads in more than 1 category and like i explain already the listing import tool will only allow you to select 1 default category to upload ads too?

I can send you the file for you to see it to confirm it's correct if you like but again you cannot upload these files from user account as it don't work but you can export your file formats from user account, you can however upload the import file file admin ok without issues but as of now you cannot edit any listing in admin as you the MYSQL ERROR in a blank page once you want to save the edit.

Let me know
    Thanks
    David

Ok Rudi i will submit a ticket..

Follow Up Message!!

I was testing the import tool again and found some problems so see below again, i already submitted a ticket and waiting for another reply with a fix.

1, I am not able to export all categories and listings using the import/export listing plugin from my sites admin panel but it will only allow me to export 1 category at a time, i am however able to export all categories/listings from the flynax demo sites admin?

From my site when trying this to export all categories/listing from admin panel i get this error message: Failed to show listings under the category; submit form is not built

2, I am not able to import listings from user end using the import/export listings plugin, however it will allow me to import fine from admin panel side.

3, I am not able to edit any listings from admin panel as each time i edit press the edit button to save changes i get a MYSQL ERROR message on a blank page every time.

Thanks
    David
    Last edited by David Mundle; March 26, 2018 at 11:06 PM.

Hello Guys

I have tested this plugin again and it seems it's not fully working as i explain below.

1, When importing ads from admin panel the import process seems to work fine, however it will import fine with xls file but does not work with csv file.

2, When trying to import listing file from user account side the process does not import but just freezers on the user account import page and nothing else happens, again we tried both xls and csv file and none of them attempted to import.

Thanks
    David

I just tried the demo site and it seems to be the same on there too.

Hello David,

Please, keep discussion regrading the import issue in the ticket you created

Hi Rudi

No worries sorry about that as i was not sure if i already posted the last issue in my ticket.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread