+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Question Related to Categories Issue

Guru
    I do not think the seo options are on the import ? maybe somebody can clarify that,

where it is is in edit category in categories

https://www.flynax.com/manuals.html you can download a seo guide from your account that may help

with the specifics, yes they are list fields if you want to use all of that. not sure of a fast track for it, but once LF are built one they are easy to add / use / implement.
    Last edited by Pete Young; April 7, 2018 at 12:42 AM.

Hello Guys

Is there any other way to import categories from ebay other than using the category import tool? The reason i am asking is because it's very difficult to format the category import file when you have categories that are say 4 or even 5 levels deep.

We have been on this all week without joy and wondered if there was another way to import these with categories.

Thanks
    David

Can anyone answer the above question here?

Hello David,

If there is no answer regarding your post it means that nobody has ready solution

our script also doesn't have such tools which would import categories from ebay

it will require a customization, if it's ok for you create a new ticket and the responsible person will quote it
    Last edited by Rudi; April 12, 2018 at 10:53 AM.

Guru
    Do you already have the ebay categories in a excel type file and just need to get them sorted to upload ? where is the problem ?

Hi Pete

The problem i am facing is the formatting of the import/export file as the categories i intend to use some have as much as 6 levels deep so yes i have all the categories from ebay in csv files but we are trying to find out how to format the import/export sheet correctly to cope with all the levels.

Thanks
    David

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mundle View Post
    Hi Pete

The problem i am facing is the formatting of the import/export file as the categories i intend to use some have as much as 6 levels deep so yes i have all the categories from ebay in csv files but we are trying to find out how to format the import/export sheet correctly to cope with all the levels.

Thanks
    David
    Ok no worries, for many years I have worked in excel and can programme just about anything in VB / excel, so if it was matter of transferring it to a csv that would be pretty easy but I would need to know the structure of the import file and how that worked, then if all things were OK it would be easy enough to write some code to convert the files from one to the other ? in theory.

I suppose you would need to know if you can format the import file for x levels deep and the structure as a first, then I would need to see the sample ebay files ? also can many imports be loaded up to complete the full category listing or does it all need to be done at once ?

I do not know enough about how it works, i might try and export my categories to see i can de bunk it from there ?

also maybe worth taking up Rudi's Offer as an alternative.

Edit / Just looked at a test export and it looks very easy and can go as many levels as you want from what I can see, so in theory it would be very easy to write a small bit of code to transfer your ebay download to work in flynax as an up load, it also looks like it can be done in parts as well meaning for each bit of information there you could run a conversion for each one and upload it.

I will do a bit more testing but looks easy enough (i have not seen your ebay export yet, so lets not jump hurdles until then.)

Pete
    Last edited by Pete Young; April 12, 2018 at 12:11 PM.

Hay Pete

I have already submitted a ticket about this the other day but NO reply from support yet about it though, we did mange however to format our last set of categories which were only 3 level deep in the import/export sheet which was fine but now this is a different ball game with this much categories and the levels being so deep with some of them.

Cheers

Guru
    Yes David It is easy to go as many levels as you like and would take 2 seconds to programme, why dont you send me (PM) just one of your exports from ebay and I will write you a code to do it all for you. (well give it a go)

Pete

Sending you a PM now pete...............Thanks

+ Reply to Thread