+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And on the Upteenth Day Old Listing Came back to Life.

Guru

And on the Upteenth Day Old Listing Came back to Life.

In a weird way The other day I had about 80 old ads that were long completed and deleted (and were not in the rubbish bin) all come back to life in my listings, I have no idea how they came back or where they even come from as to me they were permanently deleted.?

They now live as expired ads and from the past who knows where from or how, is it a message from the flynax gods ?

Very strange happenings for sure, will delete them again and hope they do not jump from past shadows again ?

oh oh like the flynax poltergeist to me

Very very strange. I suggest you create new ticket with the problem. We will check this poltergeist and will try to solve.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Guru
    I have pretty much deleted them now, if it ever happens again I will create a ticket. Thank you.

Wow!! Had similar problem...a couple of dealers complaint for deleted listings coming back to live....

Guru
    and the gremlins live on.

I guess something changes listing status from trash to active by mistake.(Or to expired, so user can activate it again)
    My best guess is cron app. If i have been time, i'll surely look at it.
    Last edited by Bahram Soltanirad; November 1, 2017 at 11:28 AM.

Guru
    Very very strange. I suggest you create new ticket with the problem. We will check this poltergeist and will try to solve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahram Soltanirad View Post
    I guess something changes listing status from trash to active by mistake.(Or to expired, so user can activate it again)
    https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbXY3D2ZKA

Bahran, I think you are close. Today again the mighty mystery continued with a mass dumping of deleted items back into my expired listings, goodness knows if any unexpired ones shot through ? but will search later.

It seems that in some way the deleted ads (in expired for now ? not sure if not expired) are being reactivated from the trash.

You will see my expired ads list, I then check the rubbish only to find in there as well, you will also see some in there twice, this must be a left over from the last gremlin, so now I will have 3 copies in the trash and I suppose this will just continue.

I am unsure on the timing of this weird happening and or why it happens.

Viktor I will create a ticket with this and ref back to this video / post, so that you can have a look. > Ticket ID: JYD-242269
    Last edited by Pete Young; November 20, 2017 at 11:37 PM.

did you feed them after midnight ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bahram Soltanirad View Post
    I confirm, problem still exist. it means, when you, as admin remove a listing and it goes to trash; after a while, sometimes (and not always) you'll see the listing back as active again; but still it is in trash too!. Perhaps users can activate it again, i am not sure.
    If you remove it again, there will be two same records in trash.
    I checked cron jobs and it seems, there is nothing wrong with it, because in all steps, it checks 'trash' status in sql where clause.
    But again i confirm the problem exist.
    Last edited by Bahram Soltanirad; March 14, 2018 at 07:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread