+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there a limit within flynax as to the number of listing fields ?

Guru

Is there a limit within flynax as to the number of listing fields ?

Is there a limit within flynax as to the number of listing fields that can be made ? I have or think I have gone to make some and I recall you have reached limits or similar so after deleting some of the many pre populated fields I was able to build another ?

Not sure if I was dreaming that there are restrictions / limits or not ? and if so so can it be expanded upon if need be ? as it is concerning if building a site to a certain size you are then hit out of the blue with a road block.

Hello Pete,

Flynax has no limit of the fields. Limit exist in mysql database. for 1 table has a maximum row size of 65,535 bytes.
    But for example we can change type for some fields to tinytext (it is not best solution) and mysql doesn't count it. But it is one of a many other solutions for it.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Hello Pete,

Flynax has no limit of the fields. Limit exist in mysql database. for 1 table has a maximum row size of 65,535 bytes.
    But for example we can change type for some fields to tinytext (it is not best solution) and mysql doesn't count it. But it is one of a many other solutions for it.
    well I have hardly started to build my site and I am being hit with these notices ? so for now I will delete any listing fields that were preset that I do not need and we can cross the next bridge when we come to it. Thanks Pete

MYSQL ERROR
    Error: Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs
    Query: ALTER TABLE `fl_listings` ADD `record_speed` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL
    Function: createField
    Class: rlFields
    File: /home/12345678/public_html/admin/controllers/listing_fields.inc.php (line# 298)

Hello Pete,

Would you please create a new ticket with the problem. We will solve it.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Guru
    OK thank you Viktor

Listing fields names in alphabetical order

Is there a way to make listing fields names align alphabetically in 'Listing Form builder'?

Hello Kamohelo Tsele,

Yes it is possible, but you should add 1 line in file.
    open file: ftp://adimn/controllers/categories.inc.php find code:

PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    and add new line below:

PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    save and check again.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread